Tag: Launches

Conservative Radio Host Mark Levin Launches Television Show

Mark Levin, One Of The Nation’s Most Listened To Radio Hosts, Launches Television Show – CRTV

.

.
Washington, DC (February 18, 2016) – CRTV is announcing the launch of LevinTV, hosted by one of the nation’s most compelling, passionate and thoughtful Conservative voices, Mark Levin. Having just signed a contract extension to continue his nation wide radio broadcast to millions of listeners for another nine years, the six-time New York Times best-selling author is further expanding his media network, to reach an even larger audience through a dynamic, cutting edge, digital based television platform. LevinTV will be America’s new televised Town Hall meeting and is the next step in the evolution of digital conservative media.

LevinTV will be produced five days a week in a state-of-the-art studio built exclusively for the Show. It will be broadcast in HD, featuring one of the most technologically advanced television sets ever created. Mark Levin will bring his unique perspective of pro-American and patriotic values to his new TV show that champions liberty and true conservatism.

LevinTV is a commercial-free explosion of Mark Levin’s engaging personality, unique intellect and passionate commentary about history, economics, philosophy and the latest political and current events. The show will also feature exclusive, long-form interviews with compelling guests from all walks of life.

“I have the greatest audience in the world and I give them my best every night,” said Mark Levin. “I am thrilled we are expanding our Town Hall meeting place for patriots, by taking TV broadcasting to a new level on multiple platforms where I will speak directly to my audience – uncensored, without middlemen, and commercial free.” Levin added, “I make no excuses for my patriotism, I am proud of it, and LevinTV will reflect it. It’s about time there is a place on television where people can go and have their principles, beliefs, and values reinforced rather than attacked.”

How to Watch

LevinTV launches on March 7, 2016. His inaugural episode, along with hours of preview material, can be accessed on any digital or mobile device. Levin’s loyal audience and new fans alike can subscribe for an entire year for $59 (just $4.92 a month) saving $10 off the regular price of $69 a year by subscribing on or before March 7. Monthly subscription fees are $7.99. By keeping subscription prices low, LevinTV will be accessible to a large and growing audience.

For more information, visit www.LevinTV.com.

.

.

Turkey Launches Raid Into Syria

It Begins: Turkey Invades Syria To Spark War, Bring About New Grand Caliphate – Right Scoop

.

.
We know from leaked recordings in the past year that Turkey has been planning to use the tomb of Suleiman Shah as an excuse to invade Syria in hopes of sparking a war:

Turkey’s plan to invade its neighboring country of Syria was uncovered when a secret recording leaked of the highest officials discussing a plan to launch a military aggression on Syria by using the armed terrorist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS).

Erdoğan’s government was planning a false flag attack to be executed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) against the tomb of Suleiman Shah in Syria to justify the intervention of the Turkish army in Syria, therefore making an excuse to spark a war.

Suleiman Shah was the grandfather of Osman I, the founder of the Ottoman Empire, was buried in Aleppo. His grave was relocated in 1973, but it remains a Turkish extraterritorial enclave in Syria.

Well that plan has finally come to fruition:

TELEGRAPH – Almost 600 Turkish troops made an unprecedented incursion into Syria on Saturday night, rescuing dozens of soldiers guarding a historic tomb which had been surrounded by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) jihadists.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Turkish president, said he “personally monitored” the operation, and claimed that no shots had been fired.

The 38 soldiers were brought back to Turkey with the 13th century tomb, which contains the remains of Suleyman Shah, grandfather of the Ottoman Empire’s founder.

DAILY NEWS EGYPT – The forces consisted of 39 tanks, 57 armoured personnel carriers, 100 vehicles and 572 soldiers, according to Turkish state run news agency Anadolu.

But they didn’t just ‘rescue’ their soldiers and bring back the remains of Suleiman Shah. They also sent another group to seize an area in Syria only yards away from Turkey:

Another group seized an area only yards from the Turkish border in Syria’s Ashma region, according to a statement from President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s office.

The ‘official’ plan is to move the tomb to this Ashma region, but we all know there is much more to this. By seizing this area in Syria and raising the Turkish flag, Turkey is trying to provoke Assad into defending it and thus sparking a war that ends with Assad’s ouster.

Syria responded to all of this angrily, according to Walid Shoebat:

“Turkey is not here only to provide all forms of support and tools for ISIS gangs and other terrorist organizations linked to al-Qaeda, but at the dawn of day they traveled here to show aggression on Syrian territory.”

Syria knows Turkey is trying to force its hand, and whether or not they respond to this invasion, they will eventually be forced to respond as Turkey keeps making excuses for taking more of its sovereign territory. The writing is now on the wall for Assad’s ouster, which is exactly what Erdogan has been calling for and what Walid Shoebat says is Erdogan’s plan to bring about the new grand caliphate.

.

.

NBC News Launches Website Exclusively For Blacks – Can Water Fountains And Bathrooms Be Far Behind?

NBC News Launches Website For Black People – Breaking911

.

.
Ahhh, yes.

The day has come, where black folks and white folks don’t have to read news from the same website.

NBC news has a new website and social media accounts geared towards the African-American community.

According to a letter from the editor:

“NBCBLK covers stories by, for and about the black community. Our product is meant to elevate America’s conversation about black identity, politics, and culture.

We share positive, solution-based journalism and report on challenging issues that communities of color face today. NBCBLK taps NBC News journalists around the world to tell these stories, and we curate reports from NBC News platforms – Nightly, Today Show, Dateline, and local affiliates among other NBC outlets.”

What do think?

.

.

Israel Launches Major Offensive Against Hamas Terrorists, Striking More Than 50 Targets Overnight (Videos)

Israel Launches Major Offensive, Striking More Than 50 Targets Overnight – Truth Revolt

.

.
Israel launched a number of new strikes against Hamas early Tuesday, hitting over 50 targets including what are reported to be “militant houses and military compounds.” Israel Defense Forces (IDF) tweeted early in the morning hours EDT confirming the missile strikes as part of “Operation Protective Edge.”

————————————————————————————————————————–
IDF
@IDFSpokesperson

UPDATE: Throughout the night, the #IDF hit 50 #Hamas terror targets in #Gaza as a part of Operation Protective Edge
1:06 AM – 8 Jul 2014

169 Retweets – 130 favorites
————————————————————————————————————————–

The targets included five homes of Hamas militants. Hamas’ Al-Aqsa radio reported that residents were warned before any of the houses were hit. A spokesman has put the number of injured so far at fourteen. The action comes in response to over 80 missile launches into Israel from Gaza in the last 24 hours.

IDF spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner told press the potential for ground forces is real, and “several hundred” reservists have already been called up. “Protective Edge” was announced by the IDF at the end of June, saying:

Since the beginning of the year, Gaza terrorists have fired more than 450 rockets towards Israeli citizens. The attacks have sent thousands running into bomb shelters, threatening millions of Israeli lives. In order to restore quiet to the region and stop Hamas terrorism, the IDF has commenced Operation Protective Edge.

Early this morning Lt. Col. Lerner spoke extensively with CNN International about the operation and the overall situation in Israel.

.

.

.

Move Over Lenovo: Ocado Launches World’s Largest 42″ Tablet (Video)

Move Over Lenovo: Ocado Launches World’s Largest 42″ Tablet – Mobile Industry Review

Back in January last year, a lot of readers were absolutely astonished when Lenovo announced their 27” tablet, retailing at £1,000.

I remember the almost 50:50 split between those horrified by the size and those who thought it was an excellent concept. I liked the idea of a ‘table tablet’. (The latest Ideacentre Horizon tablet is retailing for £1,399 on Lenovo’s site at the moment.)

Well, the market is about to hot up with new entrant, Ocado. For our international readers, I should point out that Ocado is very well known in the UK as one of the best providers of online grocery delivery services.

Recently rival and hugely dominant supermarket chain Tesco has had phenomenal success with their 7” HUDL Android tablet range repeatedly selling out.

Ocado were clearly watching with interest.

Today they’re launching a 42” tablet (branded, “sLablet”).

Here’s a product shot:

.

.
Granted, this is rather big. That’s the first thing you’re thinking, right? Incidentally I reckon 42” is the size of our home TV!

The 42” sLablet is most definitely “category defining” as the press release puts it.

But I’m sure there will be quite a few folk queuing up to get one, especially given the price: £597. That’s almost a third of the cost of the 27” Lenovo Ideacentre Horizon.

The team over at Ocado Technology haven’t skimped on the hardware though: 300mbps WiFi (also with the newly approved category ‘fu’ and ‘ck’ wavelength support), 4k resolution (at 3840 x 2160 pixels) and a rather disappointing 12MP integrated HD camera.

It’s not the only disappointing issue though. The battery will only do 60 minutes, following a wholly unacceptable (in my view, anyway) 19 hour charge cycle. I think that’s going to seriously limit the portability.

And – well, it’s the portability that’s probably the biggest thing that bothers me about the sLablet. It weights a back-crushing 35,000 grammes. But, conversely, it does come with straps! Probably the only tablet I’ve ever come across that comes with straps out-of-the-box.

Here’s a rather brave chap using the sLablet in the park:

.
………………….

.
Neil Simmons, Ocado’s VP of Ocado Technology’s Quadro-Fabricated Division, says of the sLablet:

“We thought, why be shackled by the constraints of a 7″ tablet? We wanted to escape the claustrophobic conformity that these devices were inexplicably enforcing on consumers.”

“In order for us to stay at the forefront of the latest consumer trends, we needed to look backwards to what we’ve done, then to look sideways to what was going on around us. Finally we then looked forwards to what we haven’t done. We therefore decided to create the world’s biggest tablet to allow consumers to easily browse the world’s largest grocery range of over 34,000 product lines.”

My view?

First, I think Ocado should be thinking about the battery. No one is going to use this thing on the train. Not with just 60 minutes of battery. And really, the size? Surely there are limited use cases for something this big?

The photography (and the promotional video) has people walking about with their 60-minute-powered sLablets in offices and in parks! That feels rather unrealistic to me. Although when I saw the woman in the video scrolling through webpages like she was looking at a video-activated table, I was sold on the concept.

In a snub to Tesco – unusual in corporate press releases – Neil finishes with this point:

“The sLablet is 500% larger than a traditional 7” tablet and therefore, 100% better than rival supermarket tablets.”

(Of course for the avoidance of doubt I should point out that Neil doesn’t mention Tesco directly!)

The sLablet does make sense though. Ocado – like the other supermarkets – is having to respond to the market pressure from Tesco. At just under £600 gets you a lot of tablet for your money, especially when you look at the retail price of the iPad Air’s entry level model (£399).

Given almost 45% of Ocado customers check-out on their mobile device (a friend of mine does his shopping via the Ocado app on his daily commute), it’s no surprise that the company’s tech division has felt they needed to act.

A 42” tablet? Who’d have thought. It’s absolutely unbelievable!

What do you think? Will you be buying one?

Here’s the video too:

.

.
Here’s the full release from Ocado:

Ocado Technology today launches the world’s largest tablet, the category defining 42” sLablet. With its desktop-class architecture, the sLablet leads the large tablet market, which includes Samsung’s recently released 12.2″ Galaxy Note Pro and Apple’s rumoured 12.9″ iPad Pro, due later this year.

The launch video detailing the sLablet and its capabilities can be accessed here: http://bit.ly/1loLK0j

Neil Simmons, Vice President of Ocado Technology’s Quadro-Fabricated Division said: “The market for tablets of this size is literally massive. Precision-engineered and weighing in at a svelte 35,000 grammes, the sLablet has been designed with every consumer in mind, from David Haye to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.”

The sLablet’s ultrafast 300 mbps Wi-Fi capability and powerful 4k resolution of 3840 X 2160 makes web pages, text, images and video look incredibly sharp and realistic, making content even more immersive. Moreover, its next generation 12 MP HD camera features image stabilisation so muscle spasms induced by holding the sLablet don’t ruin users’ selfies.

Priced at £597, the sLablet provides up to 1hr battery life (following a 19hr charge) and is only 20cm deep, ensuring complete unportability. It is also equipped with two unique self-adjusting strap mount systems, enabling the user to attach the sLablet to their back like a backpack or around their neck.

Neil Simmons continued: “We thought, why be shackled by the constraints of a 7″ tablet? We wanted to escape the claustrophobic conformity that these devices were inexplicably enforcing on consumers.

“In order for us to stay at the forefront of the latest consumer trends, we needed to look backwards to what we’ve done, then to look sideways to what was going on around us. Finally we then looked forwards to what we haven’t done. We therefore decided to create the world’s biggest tablet to allow consumers to easily browse the world’s largest grocery range of over 34,000 product lines.

“The sLablet is 500% larger than a traditional 7” tablet and therefore, 100% better than rival supermarket tablets.”

Ryan Lipowitz, Head of Technological Innovational-Innovations at Ocado Technology added: “We found that 80% of the time, 40% of people needed a device that had 120% the power of desktop, 12% of the time. Once you hold one in your arms you will understand what an incredible advancement this is, delivering all-lunch battery life in the biggest full-sized tablet in the world.”

Click HERE For Rest Of Story

.

As California Obamacare Exchange Launches Multi-Million Dollar Ad Campaign, Website Crashes

California Obamacare Exchange Launches Big Ad Campaign, Website Promptly Crashes – Weasel Zippers

.

.
Too damn funny.

Via LA Times:

Amid a big marketing push, California’s enrollment website for Obamacare coverage has suffered an unexpected outage due to software glitches.

The website problems come at a crucial time as the Covered California exchange tries to persuade more uninsured people to sign up ahead of a March 31 deadline.

The state exchange unveiled new TV commercials and radio ads this week aimed in particular at Latinos, who have been slow to enroll so far. The exchange is also urging more people to visit enrollment counselors, who rely on the state’s online system.

Covered California took its enrollment system down for scheduled maintenance and upgrades for 24 hours this past weekend. But problems have persisted and Thursday consumers were greeted by a message saying “the enrollment portion of the site is being worked on.”

Covered California said website errors began occurring Wednesday and it hopes to restore online enrollment by Thursday afternoon.

Covered California’s enrollment portal has been temporarily taken offline because of software malfunctions that were affecting the consumer experience,” the exchange said in a statement.

Click HERE For Rest Of Story

.

DARPA Launches Memex Project To Revolutionize Web Search

DARPA Launches Project To Revolutionize Web Search – Nextgov

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has kicked off a project to fine tune Web searches by topical domain rather than general subjects, allowing it to “maintain technological superiority in the area of content indexing and Web search on the Internet.”

.

.
DARPA plans to use the system initially to counter human trafficking, which is enabled by websites, forums and chat rooms.

DARPA said its “Memex” (a combination of the words memory and index) project will, among other things, search “deep Web” content missed by commercial search engines and “will address the inherent shortcomings of centralized search by developing technology for domain-specific indexing of Web content and domain-specific search capabilities.”

Memex will develop technology to enable discovery, organization, and presentation of domain-relevant content. DARPA envisions the new system providing fast, flexible and efficient access to domain-specific content as well as search interfaces that offer valuable insight into a domain that previously remained unexplored.

DARPA wants researchers to develop advanced and highly automated Web-crawler software to penetrate sites and resources that have erected crawler defenses to aid domain-specific indexing and a domain specific search engine.

The research agency said the Memex system can help counter human trafficking, which, “especially for the commercial sex trade, is a line of business with significant Web presence to attract customers and is relevant to many types of military, law enforcement, and intelligence investigations.”

Human trafficking forums, chats, advertisements, job postings and hidden services “continue to enable a growing industry of modern slavery,” DARPA said. “An index curated for the counter trafficking domain, including labor and sex trafficking, along with configurable interfaces for search and analysis will enable a new opportunity for military, law enforcement, legal, and intelligence actions to be taken against trafficking enterprises.”

The Memex project takes its name and inspiration from a 1945 article in The Atlantic titled As We May Think, in which Dr. Vannevar Bush, head of the White House Office of Scientific Research and Development, envisioned an analog computer to supplement human memory, the Memex, which would store and automatically cross-reference all of the user’s books, records and other information.

DARPA expects the Memex research project will run three years with proposals due April 8.

Click HERE For Rest Of Story

.