… Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee colluded with Russian “novelists” (fake news disseminators), who were accessed through a “freaky Brit spook”, in conspiracy with top law-enforcement officials in the intelligence services and Obama’s Department of Justice.
John Nolte writes at Breitbart:
Here are 16 things the media do not want you to know about the Nunes memo:
- The so-called Russian Dossier, the creation of Fusion GPS and former British spy Christopher Steele, is a political document — namely, opposition research, created for the Democrat National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.
- Using what it knew was opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign, in October of 2016, the FBI and DOJ obtained a FISA warrant from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to install a wiretap to spy on Hillary Clinton’s opponent — the Trump campaign, specifically Carter Page. This spying would last for a year.
- It should be noted that the FISA court was set up to stop foreign terrorists. The fact that the FBI and DOJ would use this court to not only wiretap an American but to wiretap a presidential campaign defies belief. Why Obama’s FBI and DOJ used this court as opposed to a normal court is obvious. As you will see below, a normal court probably would have denied the wiretap.
- Worse still, in the summer of 2016, Obama’s DOJ had already opened a counter-intelligence investigation into the Trump campaign. The fact that nothing from that months-old partisan investigation was used to obtain the Page wiretap is revealing.
- According to the Nunes memo, an “essential” part of the FISA wiretap application was the Steele dossier, which again is a partisan political document created for the Clinton campaign.
- So essential was this partisan dossier, Andrew McCabe, the disgraced former-Deputy Director of the FBI, admitted in December that “no surveillance warrant would have been sought” without the dossier.
- Not only did the FBI knowingly use a document from a partisan campaign to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on the competing campaign, the FBI knew the dossier was mostly “salacious and unverified”. We know this because disgraced former-FBI Director James Comey told us so in June of 2017.
- According to the Nunes memo, “Steele told [former FBI official Bruce] Ohr, he ‘was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.’”
- Ohr, who was part of the FBI’s anti-Trump Russian investigation, was not only friendly with Steele, Ohr’s own wife worked with Steele at Fusion GPS doing opposition research (the dossier) against Trump for the Clinton campaign.
- Despite a) knowing the dossier was opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign b) knowing the dossier was “salacious and unverified” c) knowing Steele was desperate to destroy Trump d) the breathtaking conflict of interest in having an investigator’s own wife working on the dossier, the FBI still went to the FISA court to obtain permission to spy on Hillary Clinton’s opponent.
- In order to obtain a warrant to spy on the Trump campaign, all of the conflicts of interest above were withheld from the FISA court — an indefensible (and possibly illegal) lie of omission.
- Even worse, in order to legitimize a warrant request based on a piece of partisan opposition research they knew was “salacious and unverified,” the FBI and DOJ used a media report to bolster the findings in the phony dossier.* The FBI and DOJ told the court that the media report was independent verification of the dossier. But this was not true, and, according to the Nunes memo, the FBI and DOJ knew this was not true. The truth is that the phony dossier was the source of this media report.
- Also hidden from the FISA court was the fact that the FBI obtained Steele as a source but had to fire him in October of 2016 when, in a bid to use his phony dossier to derail the Trump campaign, he leaked his information to the far-left Mother Jones.
- Although the FBI and DOJ were willing participants in pushing a “salacious and unverified” narrative against a presidential candidate (primarily through media leaks), this was all hidden from congressional investigators. To begin with, for months, while under oath, Comey said he did not know where the dossier came from — meaning from the Clinton campaign. The Wall Street Journal explains:
We also know the FBI wasn’t straight with Congress, as it hid most of these facts from investigators in a briefing on the dossier in January 2017. The FBI did not tell Congress about Mr. Steele’s connection to the Clinton campaign, and the House had to issue subpoenas for Fusion bank records to discover the truth. Nor did the FBI tell investigators that it continued receiving information from Mr. Steele and Fusion even after it had terminated him. The memo says the bureau’s intermediary was Justice Department official Bruce Ohr, whose wife, incredibly, worked for Fusion.
– And whose areas of expertise include cybersecurity and the Russian language. (Is she a Russian agent?)
- All of this dishonesty occurred under Comey, the man our media now hold up as a living saint, a man so desperate to destroy Trump, he not only oversaw those committing the above abuses, he leaked classified information to the news media in order to see a Special Prosecutor appointed against Trump, which his pal, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, immediately did.
- Much of the “salacious and unverified” material in the dossier came from the Russians. In other words, those disgusting dossier lies about Trump’s personal behavior came from Russian operatives. So there is no question that it was the Clinton campaign, Democrats, Steele, the FBI, and DOJ who colluded with the Russians to rig a presidential election.
Yes, there was collusion with the Russians, and those in our government currently investigating Trump in the hopes of overturning a presidential election are the colluders.
Collusion? Oh yes, oh yes. And where is our media? Oh yes, of course, still pushing the Trump/Russia/collusion rhetoric. While “thoughtful” leftist commentators rail against the memo’s release as if they actually cared about the country, national security, or open honest elections. They rage that this memo will get agents killed, and jeopardize of national security. They shed crocodile tears over interference in our elections while continuing to cover for the people who actually did interfere. They tremble for our “democracy” while ignoring that search warrants obtained using false information, and lies, are a grave threat to our founding principles.
In short, their outrage is not over what is in the memo, they are totally cool with political parties paying for false dossiers. They are fine with all of it. What really has them irked is that a Conservative won despite the underhanded tactics. What really has them enraged is that despite the underhanded tactics, their savior, Hillary, still lost. And even worse for them, America, is doing better because Hillary lost, because leftist ideology lost. And now, the lengths to which they will go is at least partially exposed for Americans to see.
The left, naturally, will ignore any facts that contradict their narrative
Look kids, it is our favorite rabid chihuahua Rep. Luis Gutierrez and he is really, really, really angry that President Trump is going to allow Congress to do its job, you know legislation, to solve the Dreamer issue. For some reason, Gutierrez went after Trump Chief of Staff John Kelly, who served his country with honor for nearly five decades.
As usual, Gutierrez was angry and showed the depth of his hatred for this nation, the rule of law, and our constitution
According to democrat Gutierrez, Gen. Kelly is a “disgrace to the uniform” because President Trump ended an unconstitutional Obama executive order. Liberal logic is usually amusing, but this time it is very offensive.
Gen. Kelly is Trump’s current Chief of Staff. On Tuesday Trump announced that he was ending Obama’s DACA program that illegally granted amnesty to nearly a million illegal aliens. For some reason Luis Gutierrez blames this sudden recognition of the rule of law on Kelly.
“General Kelly is a hypocrite who is a disgrace to the uniform he used to wear. General Kelly, when he was the head of Homeland Security, lied straight to the faces of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus about preventing the mass deportation of DREAMers. He has no honor and should be drummed out of the White House along with the white supremacists and those enabling the president’s actions by ‘just following orders,’” said Gutierrez in a statement.
Whoa there yippy. It is the job of Congress to write immigration laws, OK. Look up the word legislature, have an adult read you the definition. President Obama issued an EO, called DACA rather than allowing Congress to legislate on what to do about the so-called Dreamers. President Trump remedied Obama’s overreach by rescinding DACA. He also gave Congress six months to write legislation that would address the Dreamer issue. So, your panic mongering about mass deportations is nothing but a publicity stunt to frighten people. Again, a politician who would rather whine and lie than do their job.
Here is video of Rep Gutierrez
I knew that no matter what the media would try to place all blame on the president. It is now a given that the mainstream media have actually morphed into activists, Left-Wing Activists to be precise. They have forsaken even the smallest pretense of being journalists. Objectivity? They don’t need no stinkin’ objectivity! Heck, the media activists at CNN and MSNBS were already going into full-blown Pravda mode Saturday afternoon. Bashing the president for not condemning the violence, even as he was actually condemning the violence.
I knew the blithering morons in Hollywood would go into emotional overload, it is what they do. Here is Mark Ruffalo proving he has mastered the art of babbling. He blames the president for everything, because NAZIS!
I really did not expect the media, however, and so many politicians, and “Conservative commentators” crying, babbling, and bending over backwards to prove how “woke” they are to go to the extraordinary lengths to which they are going to prove the president Trump is a RAAAAACISTLY RAACIST Nazi or something.
Here are two idiots over reacting and showing how ignorant they are.
Someone pass me a Kleenex, or maybe a vomit bag because the fact is this. Racism is a tiny factor in America. The Left, of course exacerbates everything “racist” and gins up fake racism to further their agenda of division and discontent. These two emotionally stunted people sound like whiny children frankly. The president was not ambiguous, he was very clear, at least to anyone with ears, in condemning hate groups. The only people saying otherwise either have agendas, or are driven by their own bigotry. But, back to the media activism
I really did not expect CNN to run banners proclaiming that President Trump had “refused to condemn White Nationalists”. A claim with no credibility whatsoever. The President has repeatedly condemned all hate groups, bigotry, hatred since Saturday afternoon. No he did not name specific groups, maybe because he figured people are smart enough to understand what the word all means. In reaction, he did name specific ideologies. That, of course was not soon enough for the activists in the media.
The fact is this. The despicable swine white nationalists are to blame for the violence, yes. they came with their clubs, sticks, shields, helmets, etc. President Trump pointed this out during his press conference. He also pointed out that the Antifa trash also brought shields, helmets, clubs, etc. They were equally responsible for the violence which occurred between these two factions of human filth. That statement is not ambiguous or misleading. It is simply truth. The truth, of course, is not allowed by the Left. And, sadly, the media has devolved from having a liberal bias to being another arm of leftism.
Even ESPN has delved into the activism of the Left, and continue to, despite their drop in viewership. Dear ESPN, people watch you to hear about sports, not politics, especially politics from a decidedly left-wing slant. Frankly, ESPN does sports like no one else. Sadly, social activism is now their agenda.
The activism, and political cowrdaice does not end with the media though. Business leaders have bailed on President Trump’s panels to promote business growth over his “sins”. The head of Apple got on the diving board of idiocy and proceeded to do a belly flop
Apple CEO Tim Cook took aim at President Donald Trump’s statements defending white nationalists — and pledged in a memo to employees that the company would provide monetary support to anti-hate groups.
Note first that the report accuses the president of “defending” white nationalists. He did no such thing, not even close. He clearly condemned them. Now to the head of Apple and why is so aggrieved
“We must not witness or permit such hate and bigotry in our country, and we must be unequivocal about it,” Cook wrote in the memo, distributed Wednesday. “I disagree with the president and others who believe that there is a moral equivalence between white supremacists and Nazis, and those who oppose them by standing up for human rights. Equating the two runs counter to our ideals as Americans.”
So, he is angry because the president agrees with him? His statement pretty much mirrors the president’s. Yet he is bashing President Trump? The president made no moral equivalence between Nazis and peaceful protesters. None! He did compare the white nationalist scum to the Antifa scum, and rightfully so. They are both scum, violent scum. The only difference, of course is that the media acivists are not to keen on reporting the violence and thuggery of Antifa, much less their numerous uses of violence and intimidation to stifle free speech. And no, Mr. Cook, those fighting with the white
nationalists trash in Charlottsville were not standing up for human rights. As their record shows, Antifa is about crushing rights, not defending them. Again they are no better than the white nationalists. they are all scum alike.
This raises one other point. I have heard several activists/commentators, it is getting hard to tell the difference frankly, saying those fighting with the supremists were justified for using pepper spray, sticks, clubs, etc. they were justified, the narrative goes, because they were fighting against Nazis. There are numerous problems with this of course.One of these is this. If we give moral license to Antifa to attack “Nazis” we must also allow them to define what a “Nazi” is. And, the fact is this. Antifa defines anyone who disgrees with them in any way as a Nazi. So, you can see where this would lead. If you think college campuses are dangerous for Conservatives, and actual Liberals who believe in free speech now…………
But to expect a Leftist activist to oppose beat downs of political others is to expect too much. Leftist, are really just like the white nationalists. They are both Totalitarians. Both entirely intolerant and consumed with irrational hatred. Both aspire evil ideologies. Both are obssessed with control, and use division to further their agenda. Both are, as our presidnet said, violent. Both are addicted to spreading their own brand of Collectivism, and as such are mortal enemies of the most basic principle of our nation, Individualism.
President Trump called both of them out, and rightfully so. The media, and the Left, but I repeat myself, lost their minds when he did. This whole episode does expose some ugly truths. Not about President Trump, but about our media, and about certain commentators, and politicians who are so deeply offended by the truth. I leave you with some Larry Elder who remembers some of the things the media forgets