Tag: Crazed

California Parole Board Recommends Release Of Crazed Manson Family Killer Leslie Van Houten

Leslie Van Houten, Manson Family Member, Recommended For Parole – CNN

.

.
After 19 denials, Manson Family member Leslie Van Houten is a step closer to being free, after a parole board panel recommended her release, a spokesman for the California department of corrections said Thursday.

The full Board of Parole Hearings will review the decision during the next four months, then could send the case to California Gov. Jerry Brown, according to corrections spokesman Luis Patino.

Brown will have 30 days to decide whether to approve or deny the recommendation.

Van Houten and others were convicted for the 1969 murders of supermarket executive Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary. Van Houten was sentenced to death in 1971 but one year later the death penalty was overturned. Her first conviction was overturned, too, because her lawyer died before that trial ended.

She was tried twice more (one ended in a hung jury) and in 1978 was sentenced to life in prison.

In 1994, Van Houten described her part in the killings in a prison interview with CNN’s Larry King.

“I went in and Mrs. LaBianca was laying on the floor and I stabbed her,” said Van Houten, who was 19 at the time of the murders. “In the lower back, around 16 times.”

Van Houten reportedly has apologized to the LaBianca family.

She was not directly involved in the killings of five people at the home of film director Roman Polanski, near Hollywood. Among the victims that night was Polanski’s pregnant wife, actress Sharon Tate.

Van Houten, 66, was convicted of being involved in the conspiracy of those killings and for the murders of the LaBiancas the next night.

She has been described as a model prisoner who worked with other inmates and who earned a college degree.

.

.

*VIDEO* Sean Hannity Talks To Newt Gingrich About Trump, Cruz And Crazed Leftists

.
————————————————————————————————–
.

Related video:
.

.

.

Crazed Leftist Chancellor At University Of Wisconsin Cries Racism After White Kids Post Image Of Themselves Getting Facials

Taxpayer-Funded Chancellor Cries Racism After White Kids Post Image Of Themselves Getting Facials – Daily Caller

.

.
The taxpayer-funded chancellor at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is backtracking furiously after she cried racism because two students posted a Snapchat image of themselves standing in a dorm with a dark, ink-like facial skincare treatment carefully smeared all over their faces.

On Thursday morning, Beverly Kopper, UW-Whitewater’s $238,000-per-year chancellor, composed a lengthy statement about her plan for massive action in response to the the skincare image, reports local CBS affiliate WISC-TV.

“Last night a disturbing racist post that was made to social media was brought to my attention,” Kopper’s statement read.

“This post was hurtful and destructive to our campus community,” the deeply disturbed Kopper also wrote. “You have my promise that these steps are only the starting points and together, we will determine actions that will ultimately create a long-term cultural change.”

Kopper indicated that another high-ranking UW-Whitewater official, $143,468-per-year Tom Rios, was leading a group of bureaucrats who would meet with students, research race relations and really get to the bottom of the exfoliation of the faces of two white students.

The group had been scheduled to meet this week “to capture the student voice and develop a collective response to these issues,” according to WISC-TV.

It’s not clear if this meeting is still scheduled.

After finally realizing that the two students in the photo were not wearing black face, Kopper, who has a Ph.D. in counseling psychology from Iowa State University, admitted the photo was not actually harmful.

Instead of blaming herself for being a complete idiot, however, Kopper still blamed the two white students for failing to “think about the implications and the impact that it would have” to appear in a photo wearing skin products.

Black students on campus then immediately moved on from the facial fracas to complain about other alleged affronts.

“Young ladies using Snap Chat to say the n-word multiple times mockingly, or you have someone who still has not been identified write the n-word on a black student’s page,” Black Student Union president Radaya Ellis claimed to WISC-TV.

Another black student, Reginald Kirby, said he believes that white students should undergo mandatory racial training.

“I think they should be educated on the topic,” Kirby told the station.

A local Republican lawmaker also entered the fray to criticize the actions of school administrators as ridiculous.

“The racial over-reaction of Chancellor Beverly Kopper and other UW-Whitewater administrators without first checking the facts of the situation is a stark example of how political correctness has warped the mindset of highly educated university administrators,” state Sen. Steve Nass said in a statement. “Frankly, these are the people responsible for educating our sons and daughters, but they seem incapable of applying reason or common sense.”

The unidentified students who appeared in the image will face no disciplinary action.

.

.

Crazed Islamo-Nazi Attempts To Assassinate Philadelphia Police Officer (Video)

Philadelphia: Police Shooter Confesses To Attempted ‘Execution’ For Islam – Breitbart

.
…………….

.
A gunman ambushed 33-year old Philadelphia police officer Jesse Hartnett on Thursday night. His attacker is in custody and claims it was an attempted “execution” in the name of Islam.

CBS News in Philadelphia reports Hartnett was sitting in his patrol car at around 11:30 PM when the attacker fired 13 shots through the driver’s side window at point-blank range. The CBS report describes the shooter as walking toward the police car while he fired. Three of the shots struck Hartnett’s arm. His injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.

“Shots fired! I’m shot! I’m bleeding heavily!” Hartnett called out on police radio, as can be heard in the CBS report:
.

.
Hartnett was able to return fire, and hit the as-yet unnamed suspect three times. Other offices swiftly caught the wounded assailant while attempting to flee the scene, and he has made a full confession, according to CBS. The confession reportedly describes Islam as part of the motive for the attack.

Police also recovered his weapon. The New York Daily News identifies it as a 9mm handgun.

Commissioner Ross said there is video of the entire attack. “This is absolutely one of the scariest things I’ve ever seen,” he declared. “I mean, this guy tried to execute the police officer. The officer had no idea he was coming. It’s amazing he’s alive.”

The shooter is described as a male in his 30s. According to a news description of the surveillance video, he was wearing a “long white frock and black pants” as he approached the police cruiser with his gun drawn. The current condition of the shooter has not been disclosed at the time of this writing.

Ross said Hartnett suffered “significant damage” to his arm, including nerve damage, but is awake and coherent. According to the New York Daily News, he underwent surgery early Friday at Presbyterian Hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.

NJ.com cites Officer Hartnett’s social media profiles to describe him as a native of East Landsdowne, Pennsylvania, who attended Delaware County Community College, served in the U.S. Coast Guard for over a decade, and then became a four-year veteran of the police force.

CBS News reported late Friday morning that the FBI has become involved in the investigation.

Update, 11:05 AM EST: ABC News has published images of the attacker, from the surveillance video:

.
……………………..

.
……………………..

.
Update, 11:15 AM EST: Philly.com reports the shooter has been identified as Edward Archer, 30, of Yeadon.

Update, 1:15 PM: According to Commissioner Ross, the attacker pledged allegiance to the Islamic State.

Also, the gun used in the attack was reportedly stolen, which will be bad news for those who were frantically looking for a way to fold the incident into their gun-control narratives.

Update, 1:45 PM: Philly.com has some more details about Edward Archer, courtesy of his mother:
.

Reached at her home in Lansdowne, his mother, Valerie Holliday, said Archer was the eldest of seven children and suffered head injuries from playing football and a moped accident.

“He’s been acting kind of strange lately. He’s been talking to himself… laughing and mumbling,” Holliday said. “He’s been hearing voices in his head. We asked him to get medical help.”

She said her son is devout Muslim who has practiced the faith “for a long time.”

“He’s going through a lot lately,” Holliday said, adding Archer believed he was targeted by police.

.
There are some good reasons the police might have “targeted” Edward:
.

Archer was scheduled to be sentenced Monday in a Delaware County case, according to court records. He was found guilty in a November nonjury trial of forging documents, careless driving, driving with a suspended or revoked license and other related offenses.

In Philadelphia, he was sentenced in March to nine to 23 months in jail and two years probation in an assault case. He was charged with aggravated assault, conspiracy, firearms offenses and terroristic threats for a January 2012 incident but pleaded guilty to simple assault.

.
Here’s a thought: maybe we should put more effort into enforcing existing laws, rather than passing a boatload of new ones. Of course, the existing laws involve difficult duties such as catching and imprisoning violent criminals, and protecting the nation from terrorist threats – both of which are pursuits that often infuriate the cult of political correctness.

It’s much easier to pass new laws that either do nothing of substance, or involve pushing around decent law-abiding taxpayers. Telling a rape victim she shouldn’t have a gun to defend herself is far easier than keeping someone imprisoned for assault.

Philly.com also tells us a bit more about the wounded Officer Jesse Hartnett, hailed as a “true hero” by fellow officers. He actually got out of his car and pursued the suspect on foot, after getting sprayed with 13 bullets and taking three hits in the arm. His father Robert described Hartnett as “a very quality young man.” On that, I think we can all agree.

.

.

More Than 50 Crazed Leftists Attack Chicago Alderman’s Home With Rocks And Torches

Angry Leftist Mob Attacks Chicago Alderman’s Home With Rocks And Torches – Gateway Pundit

Angry leftists with rocks, wood chunks and torches attacked a Chicago alderman’s home this weekend.

.

.
NBC Chicago

Alderman Cardenas provided a video of the attack to authorities:
.

.
Could you imagine the headlines in the liberal media if these would have been Tea Party protesters?

DNA Info reported:
.

Three people landed behind bars Saturday night after mobbing a home owned by Ald. George Cardenas (12th) with rocks, pieces of wood and tiki torches, according to the alderman and police.

The mob of more than 50 people was protesting police violence in the city, said Cardenas, who provided DNAinfo Chicago with a video clip shot outside the home, where his ex-wife, two daughters and his mother live.

Police eventually arrested three protesters in the 2100 block of South Marshall.

Efrain Montalvo, 23, of the 2600 block of West 22nd Place; Javier Ramos, a 29-year-old Des Plaines resident; and Billie Kincaid, a 25-year-old woman from the 1500 block of West Lunt Avenue, each stand charged with one misdemeanor count of mob action.

Cardenas had been eating dinner with a friend across town when the mob rolled down 26th Street in Little Village and ended up in front of his house.

.

.

Crazed Socialist Martin O’Malley Pushed For Publicly Funded Hotel That Has Been Hemorrhaging Money

O’Malley Pushed For Publicly Funded Hotel That Has Been Hemorrhaging Money – Daily Caller

.

.
In 2008, construction was completed on the 757-room Baltimore Hilton, a $305 million publicly-funded hotel spearheaded by Baltimore’s mayor at the time, Martin O’Malley. The hotel, in seven years of operation, has never turned a profit. The best year of operation saw a $2.9 million loss.

“It’s the biggest boondoggle ever. It’s hemorrhaging money every year and has less-than-stellar performance,” Democratic Maryland state Sen. James Brochin told The Daily Caller.

Originally intended to draw revenue from a supposed untapped convention market in Baltimore, the Hilton Hotel project slowly began losing money when conventions passed on Baltimore for other locations such as Austin, Texas and nearby Washington, D.C.

In July 2005, more than three years after the plan was finalized, it was still facing opposition in the city council. Of the 15 council members, only three said they believed the hotel would actually help the city.

“In my district, I can’t get funding to fix vacant houses,” Councilwoman Mary Pat Clarke told The Baltimore Sun in 2005. “I’m worried about the financing and the kind of precedent this is setting.”

After O’Malley pushed the hotel vote to pass with the council, The Sun reported that this, the “costliest public project in Baltimore history” may see the fate of other cities’ failed publicly funded hotel ventures, such as St. Louis, Omaha, and Overland Park, Kan., “all cities that used public money to build hotels. Failing hotels.”

“The government shouldn’t be in the business of owning businesses. It was a catastrophic economical mistake by O’Malley, and the whole thing is ridiculous,” said Brochin.

O’Malley’s hotel, which he claimed in 2005 to be “risk-free,” is now entering its seventh year of public losses, the Sun reported earlier this year.

Even in times of great profit for the city, the hotel has weighed it down. In 2014, 2.4 million fans were drawn to Camden Yards when the Orioles took home the AL East pennant and, even though the hotel is situated directly adjacent to the stadium, it reported losses of $5.6 million.

Jan Freitag, a vice president with the Tennessee-based firm Smith Travel Research, told the Sun 2014 was a banner year for hotels across the country, including Baltimore, which saw a 7.9 percent growth in hotel revenue. Yet the Hilton’s losses persisted.

In a 2008 sports column in The Washington Post, Thomas Boswell used the Hilton Hotel’s burgeoning construction to illustrate the sadness of the Orioles as a whole. He described the sadness of their opening day loss as “begin[ning] their season as expected – in the utter misery of a complete rebuilding program,” referring to the ball club and the city of Baltimore.

Boswell continues: “The Hilton Convention Center Hotel next door, when finished, may merely be ugly. However, in its current state, with huge random splotches of yellow, white and blue, it’s like a cruel cubist joke. Forever, it will dominate the horizon and block views of the… adored Bromo Seltzer Tower… lording [its] eyesore [self] over previously perfect Camden Yards.”

A request for comment to the O’Malley campaign went unreturned.

.

.