Tag: 1000%

Leftist Corruption Update: Nearly 1,000 Emails On Hitlery’s Server Deemed Classified

Henry: Nearly 1,000 Emails On Hillary Clinton’s Server Deemed Classified – Washington Free Beacon
.

.
The number of classified emails contained on Hillary Clinton’s private server, which she assured Americans never contained sensitive information sent or received, now totals nearly 1,000 according to Ed Henry on Tuesday.

“One of the most significant headlines, of course, is that out of this new batch of emails released by the State Department – the largest one yet, nearly 8,000 pages, there are 328 more emails that have now been deemed classified. That brings the total to 999,” Henry said. “Obviously, with more document dumps to come very likely that you’ll have more than 1,000 emails with classified emails in there even though Clinton, you’ll remember, said that there was no classified information on her private server.”

Henry reported on Monday the latest batch of emails only continues the “drip-drip” reminder for Clinton that the private email scandal has not gone away.

“The bigger picture, the broader point here is Hillary Clinton back in March said no classified information on this server and as we continue to see the drip-drip there are indications, of course, that there are dozens of those emails already come out that did have classified information,” Henry said.

Clinton assured the American people that there was no classified information sent or received on her private email server when she first addressed the issue with a press conference from the UN in March. She guaranteed that no sensitive information would be found on her server, and forcefully pushed back against accusations that her email set-up was a national security risk.

Since the finding of classified information on her server, the campaign has taken a new position: Clinton did not send or receive anything marked classified at the time. The revelation of more classified material highlights how much sensitive information passed through the network previously unknown by the State Department.

The ordeal has plagued Clinton’s candidacy and left her with her worst favorability rating ever because a majority of Americans do not believe she is honest or trustworthy.

Following the release of the largest batch of Clinton emails to date, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus released a statement saying,”With the number of emails containing classified information now numbering nearly one thousand, this latest court-ordered release underscores the degree to which Hillary Clinton jeopardized our national security and has tried to mislead the American people.”

.

.

Leftist Idiocy Update: Minimum Wage Hike Causes Seattle Restaurants To Lose 1,000 Jobs

Seattle Restaurants Suffer Worse Job Loss Since The Great Recession – Daily Caller

.

.
According to a report released Sunday by the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), the $15 minimum wage has caused Seattle restaurants to lose 1,000 jobs – the worst decline since the 2009 Great Recession.

“The loss of 1,000 restaurant jobs in May following the minimum wage increase in April was the largest one month job decline since a 1,300 drop in January 2009, again during the Great Recession,” AEI Scholar Mark J. Perry noted in the report.

The citywide minimum wage increase was passed in June of last year. The measure is designed to increase the city minimum wage gradually to $15 an hour by 2017. The first increase under the plan was to $11 an hour in April. According to the report, Seattle restaurants have already faced severe consequences as a result. In contrast, in the six years since the 2009 financial crisis, the industry has been recovering in areas without the $15 minimum wage.

“Restaurant employment nationally increased by 130,700 jobs (and by 1.2%) during that same period,” the report also noted. “Restaurant employment in Washington increased 3.2% and by 2,800 jobs.”

Supporters of the $15 minimum wage often argue it will help the poor and stimulate economic activity. Opponents, however, argue such policies will actually hurt the poor by limiting job opportunities. How little or how much of either outcome usually depends on the study. Nevertheless, even the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) agrees at least some job loss is expected.

Studies also show that industries with low profit margins, like restaurants, are more likely to be hit the hardest. A June report from the investor rating service Moody’s claims the minimum wage doesn’t even have to go up to $15 an hour for negative effects to occur.

From rallies to media marketing campaigns, Fight for $15 has led much of the effort to raise the minimum wage in the past year. Though claiming to be a grassroots workers movement, the group is highly influenced and funded by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).

The SEIU has been criticized by some, like Worker Center Watch (WCW), for using the Fight for $15 protests as a way of bypassing labor laws to more easily unionize fast food workers. Additionally, according to a report from the Center for Union Facts, a minimum wage increase would benefit the SEIU directly while hurting non-unionized SEIU competitors.

Fight for $15 and the Seattle City Council did not respond to requests for comment from The Daily Caller News Foundation.

.

.

1,000 Pro-Russian Separatists Launch Attack In Ukraine

Pro-Russian Separatists Launch Attack As Ukraine Braces For Possible Offensive – Daily Signal

.

.
In the predawn hours Wednesday, pro-Russian separatist tanks and artillery bombarded Ukrainian troops in the eastern town of Marinka, spurring Ukrainian military officials and media to speculate whether a major separatist offensive, anticipated for months, had begun.

“There were many casualties. Krasnohorivka and Marinka are on fire,” Ukrainian Member of Parliament and Kyiv-1 Battalion Commander Yevhen Deidei wrote on his Facebook page Wednesday.

“Close combat is taking place along the front line,” he added. “The militants are going for a breakthrough.”

According to the Ukrainian military, about 1,000 pro-Russian separatists launched the attack around 3 a.m. Wednesday in an attempt to encircle Ukrainian forces. Speaking to reporters in Kyiv Wednesday afternoon, Ukrainian military spokesman Andriy Lysenko said Ukrainian forces were successfully repelling the ongoing attacks and holding their positions.

“The situation is under control,” Lysenko said. He added that 25 Ukrainian soldiers had so far been wounded in the fighting, with no fatalities. “It’s a miracle,” he said.

Separatist leaders issued contradictory statements, claiming they had seized control of Marinka.

Fifteen separatist fighters died in the fighting, according to separatist statements reported by Ukrainian and Russian media. Eduard Basurin, defense spokesman of the Donetsk People’s Republic, blamed Kyiv for provoking Wednesday’s attack.

“We are not conducting offensive operations, we just take adequate measures against strengthening the genocide of the people of Donbas,” Basurin said, according to the Russian news agency TASS.

“DPR cities have been shelled by the Ukrainian army, not by battalions or other units,” he added, using an acronym for the separatist republic. “Only commanders of the Ukrainian armed forces can issue an order to open fire.”

There was widespread speculation throughout Ukrainian social media Wednesday as to whether the early-morning barrage was the beginning of a large-scale combined Russian-separatist offensive, which U.S. and Ukrainian officials have been warning about for months.

.

.
As of Wednesday afternoon, however, there did not appear to be concurrent attacks of similar intensity at other places along the contact line, leading the Ukrainian military to downplay fears of a major offensive. “[T]his attack is taking place on a narrow part of the front and therefore we currently cannot speak about a massive offensive by the enemy,” Lysenko said.

The heavy weapons allegedly used Wednesday are banned from the front lines, according to the Feb. 12 cease-fire, which is now in danger of complete collapse.

The attack comes one day after members of the Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine, comprising delegates from Ukraine, Russia and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, were set to meet in Minsk to discuss the Ukraine conflict and the fragile truce.

The attack also precedes a June 7 meeting of the G7 in Germany. On the group’s agenda are sanctions on Russia due to its support for Ukrainian separatists.

The G7 comprises the world’s seven major developed economies, including Germany, the United States, Canada, Japan, France, the United Kingdom and Italy. Russia joined the G7 in 1998, making it the Group of Eight, but was dropped from the group last year after annexing Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula.

“Today, Russia once again violated the Minsk agreement,” Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said Wednesday, speaking from the military facility in western Ukraine where the U.S. Army is training the Ukrainian National Guard.

“Before the G7 meeting, Russia deliberately disrupted the trilateral meeting of the contact group yesterday, and today instructed its terrorists to launch a military operation,” Yatsenyuk said. His remarks were published on the Ukrainian government’s website.

Wednesday’s attack on Marinka followed a string of attacks across the contact line on Monday and Tuesday, with the heaviest fighting in Shyrokyne, 10 miles east of Mariupol, and around the separatist stronghold of Donetsk farther to the north.

Marinka is about six miles west of Donetsk. Separatists also attacked the village of Krasnohorivka, three miles north of Marinka, on Wednesday, according to the Ukrainian military.

.

.
Tanks and armored personnel carriers have been sent to reinforce Ukrainian units in the area, Kyiv said, and Ukrainian checkpoints into the separatist territories, which had been allowing civilians to pass, have been shut down.

In earlier interviews with The Daily Signal, U.S. military officials said there were no plans to pull U.S. soldiers out of Ukraine early if the fighting in eastern Ukraine escalated. About 300 U.S. Army paratroopers are currently deployed to Yavoriv in western Ukraine, about 800 miles from the front lines, to train the Ukrainian National Guard.

Last month U.S. Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, published a letter calling on the United States to do more to help Ukraine defend against a “blatant Russian invasion.”

“As multiple global crises compete for our attention, we must not neglect the situation in Ukraine,” Portman wrote in the letter published on Cleveland.com.

“The current cease-fire is not credible, and the Obama administration and some of our European allies need to stop pretending that it is,” he added. “Thousands of Russian troops remain inside Ukraine and thousands more are right across the border. Every day, Ukrainian positions come under attack.”

In the letter, Portman pushed for the U.S. to send Ukraine military hardware and weapons, and framed the conflict as part of a broader struggle to deter Russian aggression in the region.

“Russian aggression in Ukraine won’t go away or resolve itself simply because we wish it to be so,” he wrote. “It’s time for the president to start shaping outcomes, and stop getting shaped by them.”

.

.

VA Scandal Update: Deceased Veterans Reclassified As Alive, At Least 1,000 Really Dead (Video)

VA Bombshell: Deceased Veterans Reclassified As Alive, At Least 1,000 Really Dead – Mr. Conservative

Obama has been dodging the VA scandal from the get go, and as it seems that he’s tried to distract Americans with other “good news” (i.e. Bergdahl trade) that has only blown up in his face, it seems that the current administration is literally falling apart. Most recently, it appears the scandal has recently blown wide open with another bombshell accusation regarding the number of veterans that has actually died.

.

.
Now when the first reports of the VA scandal broke, numbers were around 40 veterans that had died due to delayed treatment with numbers as high as 120. Currently though, it appears that yet again, Americans have been lied to, this time to the extent of covering up over the actual 1,000 veterans that actually died.

If you were still unaware of the scandal, the VA created a secret list in which veterans were placed in order to delay them treatment and give the facility the false appearance that they were more effective than they really were. Unfortunately for those veterans – some of which were in dire need of critical treatment – they’re requests were thrown in the trash and forgotten about.

All of a sudden, people started dying because of the VA’s incompetence and secretive policy of abandoning our veterans.

Now, a scheduling clerk at the Phoenix VA, Pauline DeWenter, has come forward to share an even more shocking discovery. While working there, she noticed VA administration “reclassifying” deceased veterans as “alive” to make the number of the dead appear much lower.

Once again, in a shocking discovery, the VA is proving its incompetence and that its malicious acts know no bounds when it comes to self-preservation. Furthermore, Sen. Tom Coburn has recently come forward to say:

“Over the past decade, more than 1,000 veterans may have died as a result of VA malfeasance. Poor management is costing the department billions of dollars more and compromising veterans’ access to medical care.”

These two shocking admissions has not only blow the VA scandal wide open, but has left a gaping wound in the confidence this nation has in its government. Surely now, with that many dead due to nothing more than incompetence and laziness, the American people will demand justice.

For America to turn its backs on those that have honorably served this country, is not only despicable, but nauseating.

.

.

FBI Requests For Records Under Patriot Act Have Increased 1,000% In Just Four Years

FBI Requests For Records Under Patriot Act Have Increased 1,000% In Just Four Years; Update: Data-Mining Goes Deeper Than Thought? – Hot Air

It’s not just the number of requests, it’s the scope of them. They’re not demanding records related to particular investigations anymore, they’re demanding huge troves of records on random Americans for data-mining purposes, the same thing Patriot Act co-author Jim Sensenbrenner complained about a few days ago but somehow didn’t foresee in 2001.

.

Like I said, you might want to re-poll Bush’s numbers.

“That they were using this (provision) to do mass collection of data is definitely the biggest surprise,” said Robert Chesney, a top national security lawyer at the University of Texas Law School. “Most people who followed this closely were not aware they were doing this. We’ve gone from producing records for a particular investigation to the production of all records for a massive pre-collection database. It’s incredibly sweeping.”…

[I]n the years since [2003], the FBI’s use of Section 215 quietly exploded, with virtually no public notice or debate. In 2009, as part of an annual report to Congress, the Justice Department reported there had been 21 applications for business records to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) under Section 215 – all of which were granted, though nine were modified by the court. (The reports do not explain how or why the orders were modified.)

In 2010, the number of requests jumped to 205 (all again granted, with 176 modified.) In the latest report filed on April 30, the department reported there had been 212 such requests in 2012 – all approved by the court, but 200 of them modified.

These sharp increase in the use of Section 215 has drawn little attention until now because the number of national security letters (NSLs) issued by the bureau has been so much greater – 15,229 in 2012. But FBI Director Mueller, in little-noticed written responses to Congress two years ago, explained that the bureau was encountering resistance from telecommunications companies in turning over “electronic communication transaction” records in response to national security letters.

Google, Facebook, and the gang started to resist NSLs on grounds that they were dubious legally, so Mueller shifted to Section 215 and got back to squeezing them for more and more and more data. Hence Google’s new move, announced just this afternoon: To take some of the heat off itself and push it back onto the feds where it belongs, the company’s lawyer is asking the DOJ to let it publish the number – and scope – of FBI requests for records it receives each year. Right now it’s forbidden to say because Section 215 imposes a gag order on the target of the record request. If Google can’t legally resist complying, at least it can soothe its critics by revealing just how much pressure it’s under from the Most Transparent Administration Ever.

Exit question: This WaPo story is nothing more than a textbook pro-Obama leak authorized by the White House to take some heat off of him and maybe show the virtues of aggressive cyberwarfare, right?

Update: What does this mean?

A leading Republican senator on Tuesday described controversial U.S. spy programs as looking far deeper into Americans’ phone records than the Obama administration has been willing to admit, fueling new privacy concerns as Congress sought to defend the surveillance systems.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC., says the U.S. intelligence surveillance of phone records allows analysts to monitor U.S. phone records for a pattern of calls, even if those numbers have no known connection to terrorism.

Graham says the National Security Agency then matches phone numbers against known terrorists. Graham helped draft the surveillance law that governs the surveillance program.

In other words, they’re looking for patterns among the general population that match the phone patterns of people they’ve already identified as terrorists? So they’re not limiting themselves to targeting specific terrorist-linked numbers anymore, but suspicious “patterns” too?

Parting thought:

.
Click HERE For Rest Of Story

.