Trump Summit: High Level Republicans Huddle With Frontrunner On Capitol Hill – Big Government
GOP frontrunner Donald Trump explained why he held a meeting in Washington, D.C. with members of Congress, lobbyists, and political operatives on Monday.
“Just to start getting together with some of the people that I’ve known over the years, politicians in just about all cases,” he said during his press conference at the Old Post Office, which is being renovated into Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.
“They were senators or congressmen, [and president of the Heritage Foundation] Jim DeMint was there, who I have great respect for,” Trump told the press conference.
Senate Majority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Speaker of the House Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) reportedly did not know about the meeting.
Trump was asked if that was intentional. Trump said he’s “very inclusive,” and it wasn’t intentional for McConnell and Ryan not to be there.
Politico reports, “The handful of lawmakers who did attend – including Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN) and Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) – were mainly those who had already endorsed Trump or voted for him in a primary, although Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR), who also attended, is neutral in the race.”
Former GOP presidential candidate and Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich was reportedly also in attendance.
Trump said the meeting was a “very good one,” with some of the “most respected people in Washington.”
Participants In Order Of Appearance:
* President Of The ‘Center For Security Policy’ Frank Gaffney
* Former U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey
* William Boykin (Lieutenant General – U.S. Army, Ret.)
* British Lord Malcolm Pearson
* Representative Scott Perry (Brigadier General – Pennsylvania Army National Guard)
* Former FBI Special Agent John Guandolo (Second Lieutenant – U.S. Marine Corps, Ret.)
* Former Westchester County Court Judge Jeanine Pirro
* Former Federal Prosecutor Andrew C. McCarthy
* Syndicated Columnist Diana West
* ‘Americans For Peace And Tolerance’ President Charles Jacobs
* Former Department Of Defense Inspector General Joseph Schmitz (Captain – U.S. Navy, Ret.)
* ‘American Freedom Law Center’ Co-Founder David Yerushalmi
* ‘Claremont Institute’ President Brian Kennedy
* Former Senior CIA Clandestine Operations Officer Clare Lopez
* Former Joint Chiefs Of Staff Intelligence Analyst Stephen Coughlin (Major – U.S. Army Reserves)
* ‘Institute Of World Politics’ Professor J. Michael Waller
* Pastor Rick Joyner
* Rabbi Jonathan Hausman
* James Lyons (Admiral – U.S. Navy, Ret.)
* Representative Mike Pompeo (Captain – U.S. Army, Ret.)
* Senator Ted Cruz
* Representative Steve King
* Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich
* ‘Center For Security Policy’ Director Of State Legislative Outreach Tommy Waller (Major – U.S Marine Corps Reserves)
* American Airlines Flight 77 Pilot Charles Burlingame’s Sister Debra Burlingame
* ‘Former Muslims United’ Director Nonie Darwish
* ‘American Islamic Forum’ President Zuhdi Jasser M.D. (Lieutenant Commander – U.S. Navy, Ret.)
* Dutch ‘Party For Freedom’ Founder Geert Wilders
* Australian Pastor Mark Durie
* Former Israeli Ambassador To The U.S. Yoram Ettinger
* ‘International Free Press Society’ President Lars Hedegaard
* ‘American Freedom Law Center’ Co-Founder Robert Muise (Major – U.S. Marine Corps, Ret.)
* Former CIA Analyst Frederick Fleitz
* ‘National Religious Broadcasters Association’ President Jerry Johnson
* 9/11 Survivor Deborah Weiss
* Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
* Former House Intelligence Committee Chairman Pete Hoekstra
Click HERE to visit the Center For Security Policy’s Defeat Jihad Summit page.
…..Just a little taste of what you’ll find at the Daley Gator Videos site:
PAT CONDELL: LAUGHING AT THE NEW INQUISITION
MONTY PYTHON’S FLYING CIRCUS: MINISTRY OF SILLY WALKS SKETCH
DR. PAUL VITZ: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF ATHEISM (PART 1)