King County is where Seattle is located. Another leftist utopia in the making, And you just cannot have such a utopia when citizens have guns, so………….. The county has released an “action plan”. Wait till you get a load of this
The King County Gun Safety Action Plan will first:
- Require gun owners to securely store firearms and ammunition at all times, on all premises.
- Require disclosure of information on health risks related to firearms. At retail locations, signs will be posted at entrances and where firearms are sold. At ranges, they will be posted at the entrance and where used. Signs will be available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Somali, Chinese, Korean, Ukrainian, Amharic and Punjabi on the Public Health – Seattle & King County website.
- Require that the King County Sheriff’s Office destroy working forfeited weapons, including those that have been turned in by owners.
- Establish a work group tasked with developing gun safety and gun violence prevention strategies based on proven public health models.
These proposals are just the beginning.
Oh yes, he proverbial nose of the camel under the tent. State law forbids King County to take such steps, but the Cult of Gun Control is pushing to change that, and then, if that were to happen…………..
If and when the state preemption law is repealed by the Washington State Legislature, the King County Gun Safety Action Plan will immediately move to:
- Ban the sale and possession of semi-automatic, high velocity weapons
- Ban the sale and possession of high capacity ammunition magazines
- Raise the age to 21 for all firearm purchases and possession
- Establish a waiting period before taking possession of a firearm after purchase
- Require firearm safety training before taking possession of a firearm after purchase
Of course the term semi-automatic includes most pistols. I suppose they decided to throw “high velocity” weapons in because it sounds scary. Typical leftist propaganda. And note they would ban possession of these firearms. Which, I suppose leaves residents with revolvers, pump action shotguns, and lever or bolt action rifles, for now, I am sure they will get around to those.
Remember these folks will not stop trying to strip away your liberties