Bob Belvedere has the scoop
All we have is Aaron’s Tweet so far [tip of the fedora to Stacy McCain]:
BREAKING NEWS: tonight I was swatted. More details to come.
More when I get it.
[This post will remain at the top of this column until further notice]
UPDATED at 1935…
The latest Tweet from Aaron:
My wife and I are safe. Will be more details when I can provide it. Wife was very upset dealing with her.
UPDATE at 2011…
-Twitchy is on the story and updating here.
-From Joe Brooks:
Brett Kimberlin ally makes blind threat on his website (no safe link available):
“And speaking of fun… I’m told that we have something coming up in the future ourselves that will be killer diller! Hot stuff. Hubba hubba! And I ain’t kidding. I haven’t even been told who it is yet, and already I’m looking forward to it. “
More details coming soon.
UPDATE at 2017…
No joke. It happened around 6 p.m. Eastern. I briefly talked with one of the police officers at the scene, who confirmed that someone had called saying he had shot his wife, and sent officers to Aaron’s address.
He also reports the police has machine guns at the ready.
UPDATE at 2037…
The latest Tweet from Dustin:
Spoke with Aaron. He’s OK. He’ll put a post up tonight, but it’ll be a bit.
Expect more Updates.
At a hearing this morning in Rockville, Maryland, a Montgomery County Circuit Court granted an emergency motion on behalf of attorney/blogger Aaron Walker. The effect of the ruling will permit Walker to resume writing and speaking about convicted terrorist bomber Brett Kimberln.
Judge Nelson W. Rupp Jr. presided over today’s hearing, with attorneyReginald W. Bours III representing Walker, who did not attend the hearing at Judicial Center in Rockville. In a brief telephone interview, Walker said that Kimberlin filed a counter-motion that did not address the First Amendment legal issues at stake, but rather “made a bunch of new accusations” against Walker.
It is important to note that Judge Rupp’s ruling only temporarily permits Walker to speak and write about Kimberlin, pending a July 5 hearing in Maryland state appeals court. Walker is appealing a May 29 ruling by Montgomery County District Court Judge C.J. Vaughey that granted a peace order sought by Kimberlin against Walker.
Walker said he plans to file a report on today’s hearing at his blog, Allergic to Bull. A Virginia attorney, Walker has become the center of national attention since May 17, when he published a 28,000-word blog post entitled, “How Brett Kimberlin Tried to Frame Me for a Crime (And How You Can Help!).” Walker’s post highlighted Kimberlin’s long-running efforts harass and intimidate bloggers who had written about Kimberlin’s criminal history.
Go read the rest. The Kimberlin/Rauhauser/SWATting story has twist after twist, after twist.
UPDATE! Lee Stranahan at Breitbart has more
Breitbart News contacted the Prince William County, Virginia police department to confirm the swatting. A dispatcher affirmed that police were called to the home of Mr. Walker based on a fraudulent 911 call. The individual did not take the call and could not disclose any details of the call’s content but immediately confirmed that Mr. Walker had been swatted.
The swatting occurred hours after Walker’s hearing. A judge had modified a previous ruling that prohibited Mr. Walker from exercising his right to free speech.
Walker told Breitbart News that he was home with his wife this evening at approximately 6:00pm when there was a “pretty insistent” knock at his door. Walker answered to find about six police cars in the street and two officers taking positions against the wall with M4 rifles. Since he was aware of the previous swattings of Patrick “Patterico” Frey, Erick Erickson, and Mike Stack, Mr. Walker asked the police if someone had called and claimed he had killed his wife, and police confirmed that that was the case.
In a statement to Breitbart News, Walker said, “This is obviously very upsetting but my wife and I are fine. Whoever did this had the intent to put our lives in danger.”